Recipe by: AMC Collection, Cooking with the Asheville Mushroom Club, p. 38
This is a quick and easy recipe perfect for a hot summer day.
- 4 c. thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 T. soy sauce or tamari, divided
- 2 c. green beans, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 oz. extra firm tofu, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 c. water
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. watercress, finely chopped
Lightly saute mushrooms in olive oil. After they have cooked, add 1 T. soy sauce. Steam green beans 6 minutes until crisp and tender. Heat tofu in water with 3 T. soy sauce for 5 minutes. Drain tofu and place in a serving dish. Add mushrooms, green beans, and scallions. Mix gently and add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chopped watercress on top and serve. Serves 4.